Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Lori gave me an award!

[Image here]



“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."

(The rassafrassin' image won't show up. Oh well, I can't magically make it appear and I'd rather go to bed than keep trying and trying. But this award game isn't nearly as fun without the image.)

My friend Lori, of the intriguingly-titled blog Reflections and Ramblings of a Not-So-Super Woman, awarded my blog for being charming. That's very sweet!And just imagine - I've been so insular lately, doing my own lil thing and hardly paying attention to anyone else...

That's not entirely true. I read the blogs on my list voraciously. I just haven't commented much lately.

Now I must pass it on. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of readers that I'm aware of. Four people 'follow' me, and one's Lori, and then there are a few people who have left comments. Let's see if I can dig up 8 worthy bloggers for my award.

1) Mary Ellen - she hasn't posted in a very long time, but I read her archives and they're full of cute kid stories. More stories please!

2) Shelley Smith - she just brought Kevin home from China, and he's a super-cutie. Blinded by cute!

3) Peggy - hard at work adopting Theo, and just a step or two ahead of me in the process. Maybe we'll travel together.

4) Lori again - yeah, well, she's entertaining and informative, and I'm trying to list eight blogs here.

5) Misty - a woman who is all heart. Seriously, she's like one big heart. But with arms for giving hugs.

6) Lola Granola - she's witty, funny, poignant, insightful, and always entertaining, and she's getting ready to adopt Rebecca.

Okay, I found 6 good ones. I could post more, but I have a full-blown case of swine flu and I'm feeling quite miserable right now. It hurts my eyes to look at the monitor, and that's my mildest symptom. So I think I'll go rest. May the 6 of you find and enjoy your awards, and remember that I'm grateful for all the posting you do. It reminds me that we're all in this together - life, parenthood, in some cases adoption...

...all righty, getting sappy. And sniffly. Bleah. G'night!

4 comments:

  1. Ooh, thank you, I was just wandering by and all of a sudden I got a compliment!

    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Really? You have the swine flu? Hope you are feeling better very soon!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was joking about the swine flu... I doubt I even have a flu virus. The virus I do have is pretty hardcore, though. It started as a throat infection so bad I couldn't talk for 3 days and only ate broth and ice cream. Then it moved into my lungs where it wouldn't let me stop coughing, like, ever. Now it's in my sinuses and I'm on my 3rd box of tissues. Misery! I'm glad I'm not a parent yet. It's gotta wrap up in the next day or two. It's GOTTA. I haven't slept in DAYS.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you're feeling better! I haven't been feeling well myself and it's awful to not be able to get things done and just plain LIVE. My sympathies!

    Glad you enjoyed your reward!

    ReplyDelete