“These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award."
(The rassafrassin' image won't show up. Oh well, I can't magically make it appear and I'd rather go to bed than keep trying and trying. But this award game isn't nearly as fun without the image.)
My friend Lori, of the intriguingly-titled blog Reflections and Ramblings of a Not-So-Super Woman, awarded my blog for being charming. That's very sweet!And just imagine - I've been so insular lately, doing my own lil thing and hardly paying attention to anyone else...
That's not entirely true. I read the blogs on my list voraciously. I just haven't commented much lately.
Now I must pass it on. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of readers that I'm aware of. Four people 'follow' me, and one's Lori, and then there are a few people who have left comments. Let's see if I can dig up 8 worthy bloggers for my award.
1) Mary Ellen - she hasn't posted in a very long time, but I read her archives and they're full of cute kid stories. More stories please!
2) Shelley Smith - she just brought Kevin home from China, and he's a super-cutie. Blinded by cute!
3) Peggy - hard at work adopting Theo, and just a step or two ahead of me in the process. Maybe we'll travel together.
4) Lori again - yeah, well, she's entertaining and informative, and I'm trying to list eight blogs here.
5) Misty - a woman who is all heart. Seriously, she's like one big heart. But with arms for giving hugs.
6) Lola Granola - she's witty, funny, poignant, insightful, and always entertaining, and she's getting ready to adopt Rebecca.
Okay, I found 6 good ones. I could post more, but I have a full-blown case of swine flu and I'm feeling quite miserable right now. It hurts my eyes to look at the monitor, and that's my mildest symptom. So I think I'll go rest. May the 6 of you find and enjoy your awards, and remember that I'm grateful for all the posting you do. It reminds me that we're all in this together - life, parenthood, in some cases adoption...
...all righty, getting sappy. And sniffly. Bleah. G'night!