Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Hi, I'm somebody!

Great development news! My son has started to call me... something!

He calls me "Baba," which is his rendition of "Mama" but also Chinese for "Daddy."

I love that he's trying, though. Because as of one week ago, he had attempted to address me a total of three times in 11 months, plus two or three times when he was with Daddy and I wasn't around to hear him.

I have tried in the past to lament the fact that he wouldn't address me by any name or word. He tended, instead, to call me, "Eh!" But people never seem to want to hear about it. They give me platitudes instead. Ah haha, those funny people!

Really, hearing your kid calling you something after waiting 11 months is a huge relief, and... well, I'm not exactly in a celebratory mood. He started addressing his Daddy back in January. So, relief it is.

I'm somebody. I'm worth naming. Yay.

1 comment: