Saturday, February 7, 2009

I have a baby!

I want to go out for a celebratory dinner, but I have no one to go with. Husband's out of town. None of my relatives live on the Cape, and I don't feel like driving all the way to Boston.

I need more friends! I need friends who are close enough so that I'd feel comfortable calling them up and saying, "Let's celebrate my referral. Right now. My treat."

Sigh.

I could go by myself........

Edit: I went out by myself. First I treated myself to dinner out - lasagna at a local pizza parlor, but, hey, dinner out is dinner out! I brought my sketchbook and sketched while I ate.

Then I treated myself to Slumdog Millionaire. Great movie! Frighteningly beautiful and deeply disturbing. It totally deserves an Oscar nod or two. It is not for sensitive audiences, though. Ironic that I will probably always associate this movie with the Lil Guy, even though there's no way I'm letting him see it himself until he's 18. No, 25. At LEAST 25. He should graduate from college first.

Since I had the sketchbook already, I drew a page full of trees while it played. Yeah, now I'm drawing in the dark. Go me. :)


After the movie I felt like dancing (you have to see it all the way through to figure out why) so I did! I bought some celebratory ice cream and came home and danced.

I hope the Lil Guy likes to dance, because I think I need a dancing partner.

No comments:

Post a Comment