Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Happy but sick

The baby shower was wonderful! I was deeply touched. It amazes me that people will reach out to me and my family with such love, even when they don't know me very well. Thank you, Lori, and thanks to all the other wonderful, warm people who came - both those I knew ahead of time and those I didn't.

We now have baby items in the house - blocks, trains, a training potty, and many things Elmo. It's beginning to look as if this adoption process is more than just a flight of fancy and a constant topic of conversation. :)

(Now if only the construction on our house were done!)

And, of course, I'm happy to learn that China likes us and thinks we'd be cool beans as Noble Cloud's parents. We never got a pre-approval, but that's okay now.

Tomorrow our pile o' paperwork arrives in the mail. Eep! Rush rush!

On top of all that, however, I'm sick. I've been sick for a week. My digestive system gave me a break last night, just in time to eat all that yummy food at the baby shower. But now it's back to being miserable. My insides are probably unhappy that I stuffed them full of lo mein and chicken fingers and that awesome cake, but I don't care. It was worth it.

And I'm so flattered that my friends looked up Chinese recipes on the internet and cooked them for me. That's love. Truly.

I'm also feeling kind of melancholy.

*sigh*

I don't know why. I guess it's just an emotional rollercoaster, and my emotions actually prefer the bean bag toss. Or the cotton candy.

No comments:

Post a Comment