Thursday, June 30, 2011

AwesomeCloud at Chowderfest

Chowdafest - a Cape Cod tradition that was just begging to be invented. A thousand people packed into an outdoor concert pavilion, taste-testing chowder from a dozen local restaurants and voting for the best one.

It's hot, loud, hard to move around, and by the end of the day everyone is covered in clam chowder splatters. AwesomeCloud had a grand old time. Unlimited chowder! In tiny cups! plus... free ice cream! (Which his parents forced him to wait until the end to get).

Interesting note: Cloud has now learned that if he asks for chocolate, he won't get any surprises. I'm pretty sure that's what's been going on when he demands chocolate ice cream. I can rattle off weird ice cream names like "moose tracks" and "lime sorbet" all I want, but those names must all sound risky to him. Better to demand chocolate.

Once, I ordered him cotton candy ice cream and he liked it just fine. My logic was that he will probably lose his taste for cotton candy ice cream in the next few years, so he may as well enjoy it now. However, when he's allowed to choose his own flavor, chocolate it is.

In other news, kung fu has ended for the next two months (we'll take it up again in September, when preschool starts) but my husband has managed to sign him up for swimming lessons. There were two choices available - toddlers in the water, and real swimming. My husband opted for real swimming. I'm interested in seeing how well this goes. I'd love for AwesomeCloud to be able to swim. He's safer that way, if, for instance, he's in a kayak and accidentally falls out.

Could happen. I'm not saying it will, just that it could.

No comments:

Post a Comment