Monday, February 23, 2009

Paperwork update

The good news: I met with my adoption agent this morning and it looks like everything is going to be all right.

The bad news: The good news is not absolutely guaranteed.

The ugly news: I'm so uptight about paperwork delays because we're hoping to go to China in the summer. If it gets pushed back into September, we're going to have a real problem. Not an utterly fatal problem, but definitely a problem we wish to avoid. I may end up being forced to leave my husband behind. Either that, or the school will reluctantly give him two weeks' leave and then let his department suffer through part of the first month of school without him. If it were second semester, it wouldn't be as big a deal.

No more delays please! Please, international adoption system, I beg you!

No comments:

Post a Comment